As a homeowner, you have many decisions to make. It is vital to determine what type of shower you wish to install in your bathroom.
With mixer shower, you have the old school manual style where you turn the dial until the right temperature is achieved and then there is the more modern and definitely worth the few extra £££ thermostatic mixer valve where the hot and cold supplies are combined together, and regulated at the set degree you prefer.
It has various benefits, for instance, it’ll provide you with a better flow rate and you’ll be able to ensure that you’re never scalded when someone flushed the toilet or turns on a tap in another room.
With this in mind, you’ll want to go above and beyond to ensure that you find the best buy, within this particular category. Below, you will learn how to make the right purchase!
Best Mixer Shower Top 10 Mixer Valves Reviewed - Comparison Table
What To Look For In A Mixer Shower
Before rushing into this purchase, you should take the time to consider your options and all of the factors associated with each. Here is a breakdown of the most important factors.
- Price – While many consumers will have a preference regarding how much to spend, price should not be the only judging factor. Instead, you should also consider the factors below.
- Design – Although all of these showers serve the same purpose, their designs can be very diverse. Some will position two handles across from one another, while others will have them placed vertically. Although this isn’t a big deal, you should make sure to choose a design that fits your fancy.
- Pressure Controls – When choosing a mixer valve, you should consider whether or not you want to be able to control the pressure of your water. Some of these offer a flow rate controller, but this isn’t available with all.
- Temperature Controls – Each of these valves will give you the ability to adjust the water’s temperature, but they’ll do so differently. Some will only come with a single temperature knob, while others will have two knobs. This should be a personal decision, so be sure to choose the option that you prefer.
- Installation Difficulty – When attempting to choose the right valve for your bathtub, you’ll need to make sure to consider your skill level. Are you capable of installing a highly complex valve? If not, you might want to opt for one that is much easier to install.
- Energy Consumption - Of course the rule is the higher the KW, the more electricity it is going to burn. To give you some idea, according to this report a 10 minute shower a day will set you back around 27p, with an 8.5 Kw coming in at 25p. Some models have eco setting that can of course reduce this cost.
At the end of the day, each and every one of the factors above should be considered. By comparing all of these factors, you will ultimately come to a much more informed decision and will end up with a product, which will serve you better.
Below, you will be able to find reviews for the most recommended mixer shower valves on the market.
Hopefully we have given you a better insight into selecting the best mixer shower that meets your specific situation, and help you make a better informed buying decision.
If you have any questions or would maybe like to share your first hand experience with these or other mixer valves, please leave us a comment below.